a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, November 7, 2016

Spending Holidays Away From Home.

Spending Holidays Away From Home | Someone Like You
Velvet Skater Skirt | Someone Like You
Cable Knit Sweater | Someone Like You
Spending Holidays Away From Home | Someone Like You

Cream Cable Knit Sweater (one for $22) | Thrifted
Velvet Skater Skirt (one from Topshop/love this beige one!) | Thrifted
Knee Socks | Uniqlo
Lace Up Boots | H&M
Fall Neck Scarf (very similar color + feel to mine) | Thrifted
Camel Beret ($13 at Modcloth!) | American Apparel

Hello

Still posting photos from when I was home in Ohio nearly a month ago...these make my heart hurt. I had such a lovely time visiting home, and I won't be going home for Thanksgiving. It was my choice, but that still doesn't make the reality any easier. Living hours away from home makes difficult and expensive to fly/drive/ride home for every holiday...I don't have the money, or the vacation time. Instead of splitting my days up between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I decided it would be better to just lump it all together to have a nice, longer Christmas with my family. This won't be the first time I'm missing Thanksgiving with them. When I studied abroad in Italy two years back I also missed it, but it made being reunited for Christmas all the much sweeter. 

Although I am very bummed to be missing the holiday with them, I am excited and looking forward to starting new holiday traditions for my life here in New York City. I'm attending the Macy's Day Parade for the first time! It's all I can think about lately. I grew up watching it on TV while the kitchen filled with smells of my dad's cooking...it's so wonderful I'll get to see all the spectaculars in person. I may lay low key after all that excitement for the day...or perhaps I'll go to Thanksgiving with my boyfriend's family (yes, you heard that right! I'll speak on it soon. x). Haven't made up my mind quite yet. I DO know I'm grateful for technologies like skype so I'll get to be in on a little bit of the festivities back home...too bad you can't send pumpkin pie through! Mmm my favorite part of the holiday. Although I'm crazy enough to go see the parade, I haven't hit the level of crazy it takes to go Black Friday shopping in NYC. Sleeping in for me 💤

Holidays are best spent with family and those dear to your heart. It's hard growing  older and not always being there, but it's a part of growing up and creating a life of your own.  Even if I wasn't in New York, holidays would be different because I'm no longer in school. I'm an "adult" (technically speaking, although it often doesn't feel like it). You can't fight getting older or stop it: it's just something you must learn to accept. 

With much love,

Lauren
SHARE:

3 comments

Kailey said...

You look so gorgeous <3 I hope your Christmas this year is extra magical to help makeup for feeling blue this Thanksgiving <3

Kezzie said...

I hope you have a wonderful alternative Thanksgiving. I had a strange Christmas last year where we stayed in London. It was weird but kind of cool walking in East London on Boxing Day. You look v nice. Ice always liked that skirt!

Kay said...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE this outfit! Gotta get you on my blog again SOON, girl!
~peace~

Blogger Template by pipdig