a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, October 7, 2016

Chunky Fall Layers.

Chunky Fall Layers | Someone Like You
Fall Outfit with Plaid Scarf
Fall Outfit Chunky Sweater
Cozy Fall Outfit Ideas
Plaid Scarf Fall Outfit
Fall Outfit Blogger
Hipster Glasses Outfit
Glasses for a Round Face

Chunky Knit Sweater (very similar!) | Thrifted
Jeans (similar from ASOS)| Thrifted
Plaid Scarf (similar from Kohl's) | Store in Florence
Boots (love these updated velvet for fall!) | Thrifted
Patent Purse (similar from JCP!) | Thrifted
Glasses (similar for $68)| Fore Greene Flea

I'm at that crossroad lately that every girl is approximately every six months where it seems like it would be a good idea to get bangs. 

I mean it's a nice way to change up your look, right? Easy. Subtle. Cheaper than a full hair cut. (hey, I just got out of college, don't judge me). Bangs always seem like a good idea in theory. Taylor Swift's perfectly toulsed. Zooey Deschanel's always cute blunt. Classics like adorably retro Audrey Hepburn mini bangs. Heck, even Harry Styles with his weirdly attractive botched bangs make me think they're a good idea.

But although bangs always seem to look good on Hollywood starlets and that girl on the subway with a basket of fresh vegetables and Fall 2016's Chloe bag tossed over her shoulder... it's important to realize that:

Yeah. Bangs are never a good idea. You end up looking 15 years younger than you were before you walked in and when you wake up there's always a weird cow lick on one side of 'em. You've got to blow dry them every time you wash your hair (wow, hello annoying), and they never look as good as when you got them done in the salon (and even then they didn't look good). Not to mention they give you mad acne on your forehead that takes you 6 months to clear up.

And at that next six month point when the final pimple is gone, you decide you're ready to try bangs again. They couldn't have been that bad last time, right?

With much love,

Lauren
SHARE:

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, even with bangs you're considering a fashion misstep, you're still a stylemaker, my dear friend! -- Different background for you ...

Sincerely yours,
Jeannee
Sparkle4Jesus@outlook.com

Madison said...

Lauren, this post made me chuckle soooo much because I actually did just got bangs...LOL! Granted, I did have them 4 years ago, but I can agree 100% with everything you said, especially the horrid style you wake up with in the morning and having to blow dry them. It's definitely a leap and a risk when cutting bangs (especially if you cut them yourself....like I did) and you never know if you will love them or hate them.
-Madison
www.minniemuseblog.com

Jenna Leigh said...

That scarf looks so perfect! If only Cali could be colder lol.

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Carmel Elizabeth said...

hahaha for real though! I was just thinking about getting bangs cut today (Parisian Provençal anyone??) but I just think with my hair as long as it is already, having more around my face would drown me. And yeah. Acne's no fun. XP

Katie Selt said...

You look pretty darn cute with bangs, though, so at least if you decide to get them, you'd look adorable as hell.

Also, I love this look, I need that sweater in my life.

Katie |Katie Like Me

Kezzie said...

Oh my goodness, I regretted getting a fringe (British name for bangs) every time I ever got them. The last time was when I was 15- never again!

Unknown said...

I've had bangs in one form or another since I was 13. I have blunt bangs right now. I love them. XD I think I look hella weird without them. (And I look like a child regardless. So I embrace it. hahaha)

I also never have a problem with forehead acne. I must just be lucky!

Anonymous said...

LEAKED NEWS!!! The Sex-Tape Video Taylor Swift Does Not Want You To See. Must Watch! Taylor Swift Tried To Ban This Video! But Taylor Can't Hide THIS Anymore!! http://lifeleak.com/leakednews/The-Video-Taylor-Swift-Doesn't-Want-You-To-Know (Best Viewed on PC or Mac)

Blogger Template by pipdig