a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, April 25, 2016

Vintage Christian Dior.


Hello everyone!

I've had this vintage Christian Dior scarf since the fall and have yet to work it into an outfit! Ashamedly, I've been using it as a decoration piece in my apartment (kind of too afraid to use it). I thrifted it for only $2 at a local charity shop in my hometown, and I couldn't believe my luck. I don't think I've ever come across Christian Dior anywhere else in the 7 years I've been thrifting. It's rare in general for me to find super high end pieces, but sometimes people do donate them. I wanted to add a little extra "something" to this outfit, so I thought the scarf tied around my bad was a perfect accent. I wore it the other day tied around my neck and loved that, as well! Although it's scary to take vintage-designer items out for a spin, they deserve to be used and loved just like any other piece. 

These photos are from my lovely Saturday spent in downtown Kent. It only took me 22 years to realize I love Ohio...then of course I'm preparing to leave it! Downtown Kent is really adorable and I wish I would have spent more time here the last four years. I went to my favorite coffee place in town and picked up a french toast latte and an adorable coffee cup cookie. I went into the used book store and found the most amazing book of poems about New York City. I had to buy it, and I've been reading little bits of it every day since. 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, as well. Let's conquer this week! x

With much love,

Lauren

Outfit Details: 
Blue Sweater (similar): Thrifted.
Suede Skirt (similar from ASOS!): Thrifted.
Cameo Necklace (very similar): Thrifted.
Mini Vera Bradley Purse (similar style in such a cute powder blue!): Thrifted.
J Crew Bow Flats (similar): Thrifted
Christian Dior Scarf (love this similar Dior): Thrifted.
SHARE:

3 comments

Katie Selt said...

The best thing I have found thrifting has been Steve Madden oxfords, but I've never seen anything so designer like DVF or Dior, you're like a thrifting queen!

Katie | Katie Like Me

Bobsphotography said...

Lovely outfit!!

My blog: Street Style City

Also have a look at my photography page: Photography

Anonymous said...

What is cuter - the coffee cup cookie OR the ootd :) ... Often I use scarves as decorating pieces - i.e. on a personal altar; to soften the nightstand directly next to my bed -- I bet if you started an instagram thread on such lovelies in home, you would see many wonderful examples!

~ Jeannee, Sparkle4Jesus@outlook.com

Blogger Template by pipdig