a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, February 15, 2016

Love Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry.


Dress: c/o OASAP (old).
Faux Leather Jacket: H&M.
Boots: Thrifted.
Beret: Target.

It's 11 minutes past Valentine's Day but this is still going to be a little Valentine's Day post ♥ Wow, I just got done watching Love Story for the first time and am still reeling over its perfection. I fawned over the outfits, cried at the story line, and fell totally head over heels in love for Ali Mcgraw...all within an hour and forty minutes. Ever have it where a movie just...does something to you? Directors should give themselves a well deserved pat on the back if an audience member feels different about life after watching a movie. 

Anyways, it was just so beautiful and now I am very inspired to wear velvet ribbons in my hair and don a beautiful cream, wool trench coat. Not to mention find an Oliver to deal with my smart mouth...

My Valentine's Day was good. It wouldn't be the definition of good to most people because I'm single and didn't have any plans, but that's what made it great to me. I enjoy being single and I look back at the seven or so Valentine's Days I've had with boyfriends and really...none of them were any more spectacular than today. Working on homework (nothing feel better than getting tasks done) while sipping a lavender latte in the sunlight was wonderful: but coming home to take a nap then eat cookies n cream bake and break cookies fresh from the oven while sobbing into my laptop over Love Story made everything even better. 

Appreciate and love yourself first. I don't regret being alone and I certainly don't feel bitter about it. No one can be a better Valentine to yourself than you! x

With much love, Lauren. 

SHARE:

1 comment

Kezzie said...

I spent my entire Valentines weekend moving house. Packing and packing and still packing, crying over how much stuff I have, how my husband is utterly disgusted with how much stuff I own and snapping at each other and wondering how on earth I'm going to get everything put away. I am exhausted and miserable. So it proves that even if you're with someone, it isn't always going to be great. I'm v glad you had a lovely day.x

Blogger Template by pipdig