a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, November 6, 2015

Hello From the Other Side.

Rose Dress: c/o OASAP (very old).
Jean Jacket (similar), Brown Boots (similar), Hat (similar): Thrifted. 

Hello there! 

A nice little outfit of the day that's just rather simple and easy to throw together! I've been wanting a jean jacket for years, but was stubborn and refused to buy one from a real store because I knew I could find the perfect one at a thrift store. Plus, I wanted one that was sort of worn in and I knew that brand new wouldn't give me that feel. Perhaps maybe about two months ago I thrifted this little one in the above photos? It's been a vital piece in my wardrobe this fall! Whenever I have a sort of simple little dress like this one, it adds just the right amount of 'cool' and 'extra something' to my outfits. Honestly, I didn't even need it though for the warmth factor today. Ohio has been bloody warm lately! I had someone remark a few outfit posts ago how I was posing in such little clothing when it should be freezing in Ohio by November...and you're quite right! Except Ohio has been unseasonably warm the last few weeks, with temps in the mid 70's even! Not quite sure what to make of it. Whether I should be concerned because this is clearly not normal, or just take it and not complain.

Tomorrow I'm excited because I'm attending a fashion show for Valerie Mayen who was on Project Runway Season 8 (one of my favorite seasons!). She's based out of Cleveland & it's so encouraging for someone from Ohio to be such an influence in the fashion industry. We may be a midwest state, but we can be quite powerful! Hoping to make Ohio proud someday with my career in the fashion industry, too :) Anyways, should be a ton of fun because I've actually never attended a fashion show before! Looking forward to it greatly.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

5 comments

Andrea said...

Simply gorgeous outfit Lauren! I adore the simplicity which is what makes it so effective.
Good luck for tomorrow and enjoy your weekend :-)

Madison said...

LOVE this ensemble and these pictures Lauren:) How fun that you get to attend that fashion show tomorrow!!!
-Madison
www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

Isabella said...

This is a very cute, casual outfit. It's stylish, but very practical.

www.indigoritual.com

Joy said...

I just found you through the modcloth style gallery and I like your look!

Carmel Elizabeth said...

Love the sweet simplicity of this look! And how cool that you get to be involved with so many inspirational people and fashion events. Can't wait to hear more about the fashion show, I'm sure it was amazing! :)

Blogger Template by pipdig