a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, April 13, 2015

Kent State Fashion Academy.

Hi everyone!

As you all know, I go to Kent State University in North East Ohio and study fashion merchandising. It's actually the second best fashion school in the United States behind FIT in NYC, and three years into my education here I couldn't be more pleased with the knowledge I've gained and experiences I've had.

I get a lot of questions from you all about the program and what I think, and sometimes words only go so far for how much I love this place...but I was super excited to find out from one of my professors that Kent's fashion school is actually offering a summer camp-- now you can see why I love this place for yourself!

It's a six day camp here at Kent specifically for high school students who are interested in maybe studying fashion someday, or just want to know more about the fashion school here. It's an amazing opportunity I would have jumped at when I was in high school to learn more about the things that awaited me here at Kent. It's pretty cool because you get to stay on the campus for the week and create a fashion show, hear lectures from professors, explore the Tech Style Lab where we have laser/3D printers, make an accessory, and explore more into this diverse industry to see all the amazing paths you can go with this degree. 

If you want more information on the program, you can check out the camp's website, or their facebook page. I'm a proud Kent State student, especially of my fashion program, and want to spread the word so others can cultivate their passion to study what they love at a great school!

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig