a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, January 16, 2015

Heart Breakers Gonna Break.

Red Striped Shirt: Aeropostale.
Black Velvet Skirt, Black Loafers: Thrifted.
Tights, Hat: c/o OASAP.
Camera Necklace: Forever21.
Lipstick in MAC's Russian Red,


Hi everyone ♥

I tried taking a few photos outside the other day behind the apartment building and LOL total fail... It's just not super pretty (no trees at all) and there's dog pee everywhere in the snow from people taking their pets out, then literally the whole complex can stare out their windows at me. Looks like I'll be staying inside then! I know I've said it before, but everywhere I move to I really feel like God blesses me to be able to have a place to take outfit photos at. Since he knew I couldn't take them outside, he gave me the perfect space inside--I'm going to stick with it :)

I've also kind of mentioned recently how I've been trailing away from buying clothes and becoming more invested in beauty products. I just already have so much + everything I could ever need, so it just feels silly to keep buying...but makeup is something I've been getting into the last few years slowly. It's taken me awhile to learn all the tricks and understand the huge range of products, but after finally getting there I'm having fun trying new things out and experimenting! I know something that really changed my entire face was filling in my eyebrows with powder. It just adds so much definition and shape to your face, and I never leave the house without doing it! Since I've been doing that for the past few years now with powder, I wanted to try out the next step which is a gel. I did some research, and every time I came across a lady with incredible eyebrows it seemed she was always filling them in with Anastasia Beverly Hills dip pomade. They specialize in brow products, so I knew this was the brand to buy from. After a lot of thought, I spent some of my gift card at Ulta on some gel + the proper brush this evening and am eager to try it out! I want the perfect brows, and this stuff is great for precision. I'll let you know how I like it! x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

9 comments

Sammi said...

Firstly, you look adorable and I'm glad you have your little indoor oasis for photo-taking! Secondly, I am OBSESSED with eyebrows (filling them in is a necessity for me, since mine are sparse in some weird areas, plus I just love a strong brow). The Anastasia line is AMAZING. I have both the pomade and the powder. A little bit of the pomade goes a LONG way, and I think I bought one shade too dark, so I tend to stick with the powder, but the pomade works for more dramatic looks. You already have great brows, so I wouldn't imagine you'd need much, but I bet you'll love their stuff!

xox Sammi

Tineke said...

This outfit is so cute!
xx Tineke

Kezzie said...

Interesting re eyebrow products. I have never used anything on mine, nor plucked them or anything and I just don't think I could. The apartment is certainly a blessing. My house has no place which gives good natural light or a big enough space with plain wall. I don't get home from school till it is dark and it is dark in the morning (plus I'm always late) so weekends are my only real time to take any shots, should I wish. I've been taking to doing a few in my school hall but literally one or two which are pretty grainy.
I made it into Trafalgar Square last Sunday and thought about you and when we were doing British and American regional accents!
I found a lovely mossy green beret the other day! As a fellow beret lover, I love finding a new colour!

The skirt is really pretty, nice find. X

Hannah Mary said...

This outfit is perf. So cute and well put together. :)

Kailey said...

Lately I've really been paying attention to my eyebrows too - when I see photos from before I was doing anything with them I cringe! You look amazing as always.

Katie Selt said...

So cute!

Eyebrows were the first thing that I started with when I become interested in make up, and since then, I have never looked back. Dark brow, high arches=my life mantra.

Anastasia is a great brow company. I used to use their Dip Brow Pomade, but I can't afford it at the moment, so I've been using the ELF Brow Kit, and it get's it job done, but I do miss my Dip Brow.


Katie | www.katielikeme.com

Lorna said...

That hat <3

Unknown said...

I really got into makeup a few years ago too. It was after I really got into clothes, so I understand! I can never have too many eyeshadows or lipsticks!

This outfit is so cute I think I need to wear one like it. Too bad I don't have a velvet skirt. I love the striped top with yours and those tights are awesome.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Unknown said...

Very Taylor Swift looking. Love those tights.

Blogger Template by pipdig