a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, November 24, 2014

Barcelona Part II.

Hello everyone!

Long time no see :( It's been tough with my schedule to still be able to blog, and that's made me really disappointed and sad. I had hoped to blog A LOT more than I have this semester while abroad, but things just haven't worked out like I planned. The end of semester craze is alive and well here even in Italy, and I feel like I'm constantly running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Between all the group projects and such during the week, and popping in and out of different countries all weekend I can't seem to get it together long enough to be in one place at one time. I am counting down the days until I arrive home because it's just been a rough past couple of weeks. I wish I had time to write about everything I'm feeling but again; that's part of the problem-- there's just not enough time :(

Anyways, enough moaning and groaning (I need to get better about that). I needed to finish up photos from Barcelona from last weekend! It already feels like it was such a long time ago that I was there because I've traveled to Ireland since then, but it was really only a week ago. The second day I was there I went and explored Park Quell which is a park that the famous architect Guadi had a hand in creating for Barcelona. It's the photos above with the incredible view overlooking all the city, and the building that literally looks like a gingerbread house, ha. Later on that day, I continued to explore Guadi's art works across the city with a tour I booked where we hit all of his famous buildings amongst the city. The tour guide was awesome (which makes all the difference!) and I was able to learn so much I never thought would interest me. I also met the sweetest girl from NZ on the tour and we hit it off right away, going to get dinner after the tour ended. It was such a special feeling to connect with someone and have similar interests and thoughts with-- something I'm seriously lacking here in Florence. It was one of those once in a life time experiences where you meet someone you'll never forget! We went out for amazing tapas at a place someone had recommended to her and I fried fish for the first time? I know, crazy that I had never had fish, but I must say I really liked it!

Back tracking a little bit, the final stop on the Guadi tour was that of the Sagrada Familia which is a church that Guadi started a few hundred years ago and the construction of it is still going on. He passed much before a lot of the work even got going, but architects today are still trying to carry out his vision for this incredible church based on the Greek bible. It is absolutely MASSIVE and my jaw dropped when the tour guide told me that it still has like 2/3 of the way to go before being finish sometime near 2025 or so. Mind blowing. It was unlike anything I've ever seen before, so I felt so lucky to have gotten to see it/learn first hand!

Hope you all are well....miss you all so much. I'm trying to push through the craziness in my life right now and hopefully be able to get some more posts up soon! x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

2 comments

Kezzie said...

I hope that the difficult situation you mentioned isn't too bad, have there been more difficulties? Sending prayers.
Those buildings are insane! Seriously. Insane!!!!x

Unknown said...

No apologies necessary - you are on the trip of a lifetime, absorbing and studying every place that you go!!! ("Oh! The places you'll go!") But Lauren ... that photo of you ... I looked at it and I immediately thought to myself, 'That's a fully-grown-up, mature woman ...and I've been able to watch her do so, via her blog - such a blessing!!!"

Blogger Template by pipdig