a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, November 17, 2014

Barcelona Part I.







Hi everyone!

 I am back from Barcelona :) It was a good weekend in the beautiful Latin country of Spain. Since I've had an interest in learning Spanish since high school, it has been a goal of mine to travel one day to a Spanish speaking country to practice and see their way of life-- and I definitely got that this weekend!

It took 12 hours by bus to get to Barcelona (and 16 straight hours coming back--don't even get me started on that one) and we went right into a tour of the city once we arrived. Our tour guide was fantastic and it was lovely to discover the city by foot and see all the different parts that make up the dynamic culture there.

I of course had to try some tapas for lunch and got the classic patas bravas and croquettes. I liked them both very much and they surely didn't disappoint my expectations. Then I went to the beach...oh the beach. My favorite part of the entire trip. It was so calm and peaceful, with hardly anyone there. I got the chance to take the time from all the craziness my life is here-- traveling, going to school, living in a foreign country-- and think and reflect on my time here. It was nice and eye opening to look back at this semester; although it's been a hard one and at times, not what I wanted...I've learned a lot and I am grateful for each and every one of those lessons I've been taught and skills I've learned. Got the chance to listen to my always favorite Oceans by Hillsong which was really special to feel everything coming together; my purpose for being here, my relationship with Christ...all while sitting in front of the vast ocean to visually see everything I'm feeling and realizing. If you've never listened to Oceans while actually being by an ocean... I really, really recommend it. It was one of the times I could feel Christ so near to me and it was seriously magical.

Anyways, enough sap and life revelations for now (I always seem to be having one or another). That evening then I just found myself wandering around rainy Barcelona and checking out the amazing shopping they had. I've become obsessed with so many European brands that I can't get over in the US! Topshop, Bershka, Stradivarius, Pull & Bear, Oysho, Primark...and the list goes on. I am obsessed with Pull & Bear and actually ended up getting a dress from them that I am rather excited about! It's a rib knit, sweater, maxi dress with black and red threads. Something super outside of my comfort zone for the length and the fit, but I tried it on and fell it love with it. Europe has done really strange things to my style since being here... I can't even figure out myself what my style is anymore, but I'm working on developing it and trying to grasp it after all of these new influences.

I should have part two up soon (thankfully that'll be the last one)--so until then! x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

6 comments

Kezzie said...

Such Amazing photos!!! You look happy!! How did the Spanish speaking go? X

Unknown said...

Ahhh Barcelona!! I loved my time there when I studied abroad! It looks like you had such a wonderful time. Barcelona was my first time seeing the Mediterranean and it truly was magical. I'll have to listen to Oceans, though, the next time I'm at the beach. I can just imagine how powerful that would be. :)

Unknown said...

I am sitting here in Virginia where it is 16 degrees and I am so warmed by this post!!! I shall definitely remember to try to listen to that song the next time I am by the sea :)

Sophie said...

Ah I have a trip to Barca planned next summer - well four days in Barca then travelling to Madrid for 3 days. This post has made me so excited!
Sophie
x

Sarah said...

I would love to hear you speak Spanish- being a native speaker that would be really I interesting. And Spain looks stunning, adding it to my list of places to go!

Unknown said...

Ive always wanted to go to Spain. Ive traveled alot in Europe but have never been to Spain, its the next trip I want to take. Your fashion is amazing, style is meant to evolve and change! I think its great you're exploring yours.
Justine
http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig