a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, January 27, 2014

Survival of the Fittest.

Striped Shirt, Black Boots: Thrifted.
White Blouse, Bow Headband: Forever21.
Red Coat, Boyfriend Jeans: Aeropostale.
Lipstick in MAC's Russian Red (of course).

We have a winterpocalypse going on here in the Midwest of the United States, you guys. The snow. The wind. The cold. Good thing I'm a nature lover in general or this would be one rough time for me right now. Although it's not particularly the most ideal weather (would love to be wearing the pretty, vintage 50's sundress I thrifted on Friday), I do appreciate it. I love to watch the snow seem to suspend itself in the air from my dorm window. I've loved having warm tea every night with lots of spoonfuls of sugar while I read for class. And call me crazy, but I don't mind walking across campus in this. Although by the end of the walk I usually can't feel my feet, I revel in the beauty that God has made this earth in each season, and winter is no less.

Now despite all this would I like to have school off the next two days when it's -35 degrees out? Ain't no amount of nature's beauty will I not wish for that. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

Unknown said...

You look very warm and comfy, dear. And, like every wonderful present, you come wrapped with a beautiful bow on top :) Wow how gorgeous you are! Stay safe in the cold. It is hitting here in Indiana right now so it will be there soon.

Alona said...

I'm a nature lover a well :) I would love some rel winter. It's too sunny where I live.
You look absolutely amazing! Red looks really good on you :)
x
Alona

stylewanders.blogspot.com

Emmy said...

Love your outfit today! I, do in fact, enjoy the cold weather as well. It's nice to have lots of snow and beauty. And to get lots of snow days as well! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear :) lauren dis is not at your best. Ur bow seem to absolutely take over! D layering is working bt d coat luks lyk a very big parka. D colour red seems to save d whole look!!! Plz T.C

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your love for red n your fabulous writing .its very real.yourpics around ohio has made me fall in love wid IT.I pray you will reach hearts of aspirers n get to work in MODCLOTH.d out fit above luks like a very hurried Lauren #pls tell me abt your initial yr as a blogger..

SB said...

This is going to sound so silly but I actually really like this look I know it may not be 'high fashion' or whatever but you look comfy and cozy and in whatever crazy temp Ohio is throwing at you at the mo I think that is the main thing. Oh and I would totally steal the idea for this outfit hum lets see I have bf jeans a stripy top and a purple parka looks like I'm all set lol.PS frostbite is never in fashion ;)

SB said...

PPS I never understand how you don't manage to be all wrapped up like this all the time during the colder months, I know I am but then I'm a cold wimp lol

Ellie Balangue said...

I love the boots and the turban! <3

Keep in touch!

xx
ellie
chasingculprit.blogspot.com

Natasha Atkerson said...

Super cute, Lauren!
Sounds cold! That coming from Montana, where it's currently crazily warm for this time of year at 30-40 deg! Insane how the weather has been!
Natasha
A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Tara Honeybird said...

Hi Lauren, I featured you here: http://tarahoneybird.com/ways-wear-distressed-denim/

Have a great day!

Blogger Template by pipdig