a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, November 11, 2013

Fallen.

Leather Jacket, Lace Up Boots: H&M.
Floral Skirt: Thrifted.
Necklace: Vintage.
Olive Knit Top: c/o Lulu*s.
Lipstick in MAC's Speed Dial.

The thought occurred to me the other day that I don't take advantage of this campus for taking photos. I take the easy route with walking the two steps outside my dorm to my little wooded area that I've been taking photos at for the last year and a half. I have this 800 acre campus to explore new picture locations, yet I turn to the same old boring spot every day?

The reason I got to thinking about this is because I was gathering up old blog photos for my 4 year blog anniversary that's tommorow. I have literally explored every inch of my town for photo locations, and have so many fond memories of all of the places I took photos. These photo sets stick out in my mind; they are more special because I used all of the creative elements (fashion, photography, location) to make an end product. Whereas now, I'm just being lazy and too shy with sticking to one spot. 

After I graduate I want to look back at the photos I took on this campus with fondness. I want to remember that although it was awkward to take photos in the middle of campus, it was worth the beautiful shot and the memories that come along with it. So the past few days I've really been working on going to various places across campus to take photos. It takes more time, more effort, and is a LOT more embarrassing...but I've found it very much worth it thus far

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

strwbrryflds4evr said...

I'm so jealous you get to experience Fall weather. I live in Southern AZ and we only get spring and summer... Maybe a few weeks of 'winter'. It's supposed to be fall, but it feels like spring (high of 88 today)... so sad:( the background is beautiful! My uncle lives in Columbus, let's get coffee:) Congrats on your 4yrs:)

Lily Fang said...

Aww, so glad to hear that you're branching out! I totally get you though--I'm still pretty terrified of taking self-timer photos in conspicious places. Luckily I have my brother to take most of my photos but I'll have to be braver when I head to college! Love this edgy look too--that necklace is the perfect accent to the olive top and pretty florals.
Oh, and from your previous post, I'm from Columbus, so if you ever happen to be in town give me a holla! I'd love to meet up (:

Unknown said...

I really like your locations. I'm way too lazy to go out on campus and take pictures alone. Also I walk to campus from my apartment and would have to haul a tripod with me so that makes it difficult! But anyway, I think you look great here. Your olive green top looks awesome with the leather jacket!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love those boots so much (I just wore my black ankle boots too!) and they look great with the floral skirt and tights.

Unknown said...

Well, I admire your confidence, as you are much, much braver than I am! I get embarrassed just whipping out my camera to take food shots, haha. It is really something I need to stop worrying about.

Anyway, I really think this outfit and style suits you Lauren! It is so exciting seeing you style different things :)

xx Carina

Lauren said...

I love this outfit so much! I'm not sure what it is about it exactly, but its just... perfect :)

Your photo locations are always beautiful too, and I have to say, autumn looks so much more colourful in the US than it is here in Australia! So many US bloggers have had the most beautiful fall scenery in their posts lately! I'm going to have to come and visit one day!

Lauren xx

laurenloveslaughter.blogspot.com.au

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about being awkward! I live in korea where the old people come out of their houses and pointedly stare at me through the whole process. And I can't even communicate what I'm doing! Lol. I also love the nature-freshness of your photos. It's definitely a signature of yours.
xoxo, Lindsey Dish
thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the blend between girly and tough. I really dig teaming boots with jackets and floral dresses :) Keep up the awesome styling

Sinead x

Anna said...

I love your style!

Anonymous said...

I definitely don't take advantage of my campus enough for outfit photos either, which is strange because it really is quite beautiful here. We should both try to incorporate our campus into our blogs more!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Blogger Template by pipdig