a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cute Boys & First Snows.


Floral Sweater, Bow Belt: Forever21.
Chambray Top, Cardigan: Thrifted.
Riding Boots: Old Navy.
Skirt: c/o Lulu*s

We recieved our first snow here in Ohio quite early this year! As much as I love snow, I had forgotten how difficult it is to take photos in. Not only with the cold and blowing, but the focusing of my camera. Since I take my own photos I choose a spot on the ground and focus my camera there, then set the self timer and stand at the place. When there's snow on the ground though and I focus on it, my pictures turn out very dark and miscolored. It's just challenging to alter my method in order to get the best photos I can under these conditions. I think it's going to be a long next five months!

While wearing this outfit on Tuesday the sweetest thing happened to me. I was standing in line at Einstein's for a bagel and there was this incredibly handsome guy right in front of me. I could see him somewhat looking at me through the corner of his eye, and he turned toward me to strike up conversation and ask my name. I was just floored someone so perfect would want to talk to me and be interested! He was a double major in Spanish and French and half Hispanic himself. Have I ever mentioned the thing I have for Latinos? It was too coincidental! He complimented me on this outfit and he was just so kind; it really made my day. Whether he was actually into me or just being friendly, it was such a wonderful surprise part of my week! x

With much love, Lauren.

P.S. If you haven't checked it out already, I'm giving away a MAC lipstick of your choice! Anyone can enter, so it's worth a shot. Check it out here.
SHARE:

8 comments

Sampada said...

What a lovely anecdote about the cute guy! Ach, taking pictures in snow is ridiculous..the brightness of the snow really throws everything off. Especially when taking photos by yourself.
Love the pale colors in this outfit. So pretty!

-Rose

Lauren | Chic Éthique said...

Love the little story, and this outfit is absolutely beautiful1! :)

Gina D'Amico said...

Okay so I was flipping through seventeen today and saw your picture and recognized you from my fashion classes and i just had to say PROPS TO YOU GIRL YOUR OUTFITS ARE LITERALLY THE BEST

Unknown said...

Random compliments from cute guys are always great! Woo! You do look incredibly cute and girly in this outfit. I just love your floral sweater and that bow belt you added to the pleated skirt. The snowy scenery looks great with this outfit even though it makes it harder to take pictures!

Meg said...

Hi, Lauren! I've been following your blog for a few years now, but I've never commented before. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your honesty and creativity. I hope you get as much happiness and comfort out of posting as I (and I'm sure most of your readers) do out of reading your posts. You seem like you would be such a wonderful friend to have. God bless you, Lauren! -Megan

Miche said...

Aww what a sweet story! Maybe you two will bump into each other again soon :) Love this outfit (and that you did the photos in the snow), I missed the snow opportunity here in Columbus so i'll have to get my self photo practice in later in the season (though after reading this, I am a little nervous to try it)

Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

Vicki said...

Your outfit is adorable! I love the story as well--conversations like that make my day.(:

~Vicki
decked out in ruffles

Anonymous said...

I think it's very easy for me to turn to a dark palette when it gets cold, but I really love the idea of wearing pastels in winter. You're totally inspiring me!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Blogger Template by pipdig