a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Graduate ♥

Well guys...I'M A GRADUATE!
 
Today was a very surreal and life changing day in my life. Something that marks the beginning of a whole new journey for me as a person. I arrived at my high school for the last time as a 'high schooler' at 1:30. Seeing all of my classmates in caps and gowns was shocking, and I suddenly got so nostalgic, wishing I could go back again, just one more time. We filed out of the auditorium and out to the commencement. It was beautiful out today but SO windy. As soon as I stepped outside, in typical Lauren fashion my hat flew right off my head and I was left scrambling for it in a frantic rush before we walked onto the football field. Yeesh, can't even exit high school without being a klutz one last time!

The ceremony was definitely beautiful and meaningful. Two of my classmates got up and made speeches reminiscing about the days of learning cursive hand writing (which you never use and they tell you that you will), typing exercises, running the dreaded mil in gym class, Oregon Trail (the best!), awkward junior high dances, taking on the health babies, and so much more. I was super nervous when it was time for me to walk up to the stage. For one I didn't want to trip in front of thousands of people, and two I didn't want my hat to fly off! I cautiously made my way up when my name was called, everything a blur as I shook hands and heard my family scream my name.

I turned my tassel, being united with my classmates for the last time.Tossing my hat up in the air (but not too far where it got lost!) I felt such a sense of relief it was all over..I looked up into the blue sky, thanking God for absolutely everything.

When I saw my family for the first time after graduating it was so wonderful to give them all a hug, to see the pride in their faces. Seeing my grandmother cry when she hugged me was one of the most special moments for me. I knew how much she loved, cared, and was proud of me.

It's sort of silly, but when you walk onto the stage you actually don't get a real diploma- don't ask me why! I had to trek back to the auditorium to retrieve the little piece of paper that means so darn much...Seeing my name, Lauren Ashley Pfieffer, printed on it was the best feeling.

I leave high school feeling content, not sad. Maybe I will be sad one day but not right now. It doesn't feel real that I won't be going back, that I won't be walking those purple and gold hallways, banging my locked to get it open, avoiding the dress code police, and complaining that the school no longer serves peanut butter squares. I won't ever go back there again, won't ever see all my classmates in one place. In the years to come we'll all grow older, grow apart, fall in love, get married, have families, succeed, fail, and even die. It's a weird feeling growing up. At eighteen I feel still so young, but at the same time that I've learned so much and continue to learn so much at Kent this fall.

I want to make my family proud. I want to make you all proud. I want to make God proud. I want to make me proud.

Congratulations to the class of 2012

With much love,
Lauren Ashley Pfieffer, a high school graduate 
  
 P.S. I have a ton of emails, messages, comments and such from you all which I will reply back to tomorrow! It's been a whorl wind weekend and I appreciate each and every single one of them so much! I also plan on posting pictures from my party tomorrow; I figured this was a bit more important though :)
SHARE:

26 comments

Rubi Ruiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rubi Ruiz said...

Congratulations! You look lovely in your gown and wedges! :D Blessings as you step forward in this new chapter of your life!

Love,

Rubi
lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

Rubi Ruiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lauren! I love your wedges, by the way, and you have such a beautiful smile.
X Jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Livia Rachelle said...

Congratulations! You look lovely in yellow.

Maria said...

Oh, wow! I'm just so happy and proud for you Lauren! You are just such a beautiful, inspiring girl and I wish you the best for EVERYTHING. I'm so excited to graduate now, hehe. Only 2 and a half years to go!
xxx Maria
http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

JanandJill.com said...

Congrats, you look so pretty in your graduate outfit and this is a huge milestone. Cute wedges too :)

xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.com/

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

I have been waiting for a graduation post! You look so cute. And it is such a big moment in ones life. I am so looking forward to keeping up with you on the next part of your journey.
Carlee

http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Aw, congratulations Lauren, that must be an amazing feeling:) I'm glad you didn't trip haha, that's probably what I'll do....I'm such a klutz! I absolutely can't wait until I graduate (now I'm a sophomore haha!). You look absolutely beautiful y the way:)
<3

Unknown said...

Congrats girl, you look so wonderful and good luck as you continue on studying at Kent! High school graduation is just the beginning of an amazing journey!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

claire said...

um YAY! congratulations! you look so beautiful and happy in these pictures. and your shoes are amazing! this post has got me wishing that it was 2014 (my graduating year) already! xx

Demy said...

:') :') :') I am so so so proud of you. You're looking stunning. I wish you all the best for your new life! :') :')

Zane said...

Congrats dear! :) And you look wonderful too :)

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

Congratulations! And you managed to look stylish in a gown - well done! I just know you are going to make yourself and your family proud xo

Midwest Muse said...

CONGRATS! I love that yours was outside. It's like the movies!

Miranda said...

Congrats Lauren!! You must be so excited :) I've actually read about Kent State and it's fashion program - it's so cool that you're going there. Best of luck next year and I hope you'll keep blogging! :)

audrey said...

Congrats Lauren!!!!!!!!!! i hope you succeed in your life, i hope you find happiness in Kent. I like reading your blog, you are just like me a 18 year old so there are a lot of things i recognize :) you are someone i look up to 'cause you never let your self done. so again congrats and i hope to read some more from you!!!!! xoxo Audrey

Hannah said...

You look so, so happy in these photos. And beautiful. And amazing.

JGO said...

Congratulations Lauren!!! You look beautiful and your family and your loved ones as well. This day marks the beginning of many blessings that are coming your way. I am so proud of you. Once again, Congratulations!

xox,
Jacqueline

Mihaela said...

Congrats! You look radiant in these photos! Your hair looks great too.
I'll be having my 10 years reunion this year and I know I'll have a great time with my classmates. :)

Nerd Burger said...

congratulations. You look stunning on your big day. Can't wait to see what your future holds.

Nerd Burger said...

congratulations. You look stunning on your big day. Can't wait to see what your future holds.

Nerd Burger said...

congratulations. You look stunning on your big day. Can't wait to see what your future holds.

Nerd Burger said...

congratulations. You look stunning on your big day. Can't wait to see what your future holds.

Kezzie said...

Congratulations Lauren, I am so happy for you! The USA makes such a big deal of High school finishing, we don't have anything like this in England except for a prize-giving ceremony if you were lucky enough to win a prize!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations on your graduation! I'm sure it feels amazing. You looked gorgeous in your cap and gown too.
I've never seen a graduation where the boys and girls were in different colors. It's really cool!

Blogger Template by pipdig