a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, June 18, 2012

Five Year Anniversary!

Floral Skirt, Nude T-Strap Heels: Thrifted.
Lavender Ruffle Blouse, Rose Ring: Forever21.
Pink Satchel: Plato's Closet.

Hello everyone!
Today was Matt and I's five year anniversary.Woah, how in the world did that happen? I started dating him when I was just thirteen years old..technically I wasn't even allowed to date then, but I did it anyways as a secret for awhile before I told my parents. In more ways than one I can't imagine what my life would be like without Matt. He has been everything to me these past five years, and without him I'm missing a part of myself. Things sometimes get rough between us, they sometimes almost fall apart, but in the end he will always be in my life and always mean something so much to me. He's Matt and I love him
  
For our anniversary we didn't do anything too special. We went to Applebee's and ate dinner and then to the movies to go see The Avengers. On another day we plan on going putt putt like we do every year for our anniversary because that's what we did for our first date! Couldn't fit it all in one night though ;) I've got to admit, I was pretty skeptical about watching the movie but I was blown away. It was superb! I'm not usually an 'action movie' sort of girl, but gals if I liked this movie than anyone will like it!

I start my first day back at work tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous. I remember some of the table numbers from last year, but certainty not all of them. I'm also watching the neighbor's cat this whole week and have to go visit and feed him twice a day. I'm so thankful for all of the jobs, but I'm starting to get a bit stressed out!

Anywho, one last thing I wanted to say before I go off to bed is thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement on my last post. Gahh, part of the reason I can be so optimistic about the whole situation is because I always have you all behind me as support. Going to college doesn't seem quite so scary because I have the familiarity of my blog and you all to carry around. I have a feeling it's what is going to keep my heart alive in the beginning

With much love, Lauren.

P.S. I'm super behind on emails- bare with me and so sorry! x
SHARE:

22 comments

Elizabeth said...

Such a cute outfit and congrats! that is awesome..I just went to the movie, just got home too :)

Lauren said...

Awww yay! Congratulations! My Matt and I celebrate our one year and four monthaversary tomorrow (haha so cheesy). It's super weird how similar you and I are ... same name, same boyfriend's name ... I'm even watching someone's cat for the next month. Soo weird. I promise I'm not a creeper! Hahaha. :)

You're lovely and marvelous and I'm glad I get to know just a little bit about you. :) Have a great day!

Iri said...

Lauren congratulations!!!!!...5 years is a huge deal!!!!
i loved your outfit, specially the bag...anyway just wanted to say that even ill be off to college this fall so i totally understand what you're going through...but don't worry and keep faith..its going to be a great experience....
:)

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Happy Anniversary that is a huge milestone. You look so lovely. Gook Luck tomorrow with work. And I am not a 'action movie' type of girl either but I might need to go see the Avenger because you recommended it!
Carlee

http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty, and that's lovely that you and Matt have been together for that long! I adore your wee satchel, so pretty.
X Jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

i just love this outfit! the colors are so beautiful! and you look just amazing!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Katie Burry said...

The Avengers! Omgsh! I love that movie! It was soooo amazing! And funny! And even the HULK was good! (I didn't like his movie.)

My sister and I went to see the Avengers midnight showing when it first came out. I was tempted to go to the marathon, but decided that six movies in a row was a little *too* much. ;)

And by the way, happy anniversary! I apologize for my Avengers ramblings, but that's what happens whenever I hear anyone went to see it. I want to see it again...

Did you know that it beat the record for opening weekend and the second weekend? It even beat HP7!

Camille said...

Congrats on your five year anniversary!! By the way, I'm loving all of your pink accessories.

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Ashley Holloway said...

Happy anniversary!

This is such a cute outfit! Feminine and with such sweet colors <3

Ashley Holloway said...

Happy anniversary!

This is such a cute outfit! Feminine and with such sweet colors <3

Nerd Burger said...

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary. Fantastic. PS> Your outfit in this post is amazing. Love the floral ring

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful smile! And I love your outfit so much. And congrats on your anniversary :)

xo,
jessie

marcia said...

congrats to you and matt! much happiness to you both!! ♥ And your outfit is just as lovely as always. Love the shade of purple.

Unknown said...

Lauren,

Happy Anniversary first of all! That is such an exciting thing for both of you!

Also, in regards to the other's day post, starting college is something that is REALLY scary and you are never sure if you are ready. However, the reason that it is scary, is because it is so unknown. Soon it will become a new kind of normal and you will be fine. How long it takes varies for different people, so don't give up girlfriend! I know you can do it! If you need any other college advice let me know, I've been through most if it now! :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Happy Aniversary to you guys!
You've been through so much together, I;m incredibly happy you have someone like him Lauren :)

XoxO, Taylor

Teddi said...

happy 5 years with your matt! :) your pretty outfit reminds me of a flower garden. i like it.

dahhlayne said...

Gasp! Yesterday was your anniversary? How CRAZY! My boyfriend (also named Mat but with one T haha) and I had our two year anniversary on the 18th of June as well! How funny is that! But five years....going strong, girl! :)

blessings,
darlene

Aliya said...

Love the colours in this outfit! They look so sweet on you! And happy anniversary!!

x Aliya
hillsidestory.net

Ester Durães said...

I love your outfit, specially your skirt! & congratulations!! :)

Miranda said...

Congrats! You and Matt seem so perfect together :)
I looove this outfit. Especially the shoes and bag!! :)

Unknown said...

This outfit is so cute! Love the pastels!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making it to 5 years! That's a huge accomplishment!
You looked absolutely adorable in your date outfit too. I would wear this in an instant. The colors are so soft and pretty and that bow in your hair is super cute.

Blogger Template by pipdig