a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Time Stands Still.

Orange Vintage Dress, Green Cardigan Earrings: Thrifted.
Tan Clogs: Target.

Hello everyone!
I want to sincerely thank all of you for the thoughtful words of encouragement on my last post. I really wasn't expecting any sort of comments at all because I was just sort of releasing my personal thoughts/feelings like in a diary entry. I think that's what makes this blog so very special to me. It's always been a holder of my deepest secrets, darkest moments, most joyous occasions, and inner most thoughts. You may or may not know this, but originally my plan wasn't really to document my daily outfits, but to have an online diary for my own personal use. I had tried writing in journals for years, but I could never consistently keep writing in them, so I thought that perhaps typing out my feelings would be more successful. Two years later I can say that starting this blog was one of the best decisions I ever made! I've met more girls than I ever thought were out there with similar, or the exact problems that I have that I would have never known were out there. It makes me feel so much less alone! And I'm so thankful for having such beautiful followers like you all to be my support system and shoulder for me to virtually cry on, hehe ;)

Anyways, enough sap for now! Tomorrow is my last day of school before break and I couldn't be more relieved... The seniors are actually supposed to be doing a 'skip day,' but I'm too much of a scaredy cat to participate. Me and the two Chinese foreign exchange students will probably be the only three seniors at school tomorrow. Lolz.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

16 comments

Jessica Celebre said...

I didn't get a chance to comment on your post yesterday, Lauren- my sincerest apologies! I can't imagine what it must be like living with OCD but I do know that we internet strangers adore you and will be there for you whenever things feel hopeless. We're just a click away, hehe! I hope you are feeling better today.

Em [The Writer] said...

Love the outfit! And have a great day tomorrow even if it is supposed to be a senior skip day :P

Sampada said...

I just read your post about the incident, and dear Lauren, please don't beat yourself up about that! We all understand your feelings and so just remember that whenever you feel like purging your emotions, we will always be on your side!

On a brighter note, this outfit is too sweet. It makes me want to eat pumpkin pie...I don't know why hahaha. But senior skip day? GO FOR IT. Well, actually, I always stuck around on these days because relatively empty schools are so much fun!

-Rose

Anonymous said...

You look just beautiful! I love the color combo.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Maybe you will get bonus points for showing up :)

Caitlin said...

love those clogs and the details on the dress. so cute.

also loved the comment about you and the foreign exchange students. ha! amazing.

Wild Flower said...

That first picture is too adorable! Love the color combinations in this outfit, it's so much fun! :)

I'm glad you are feeling better today!
Wahoo for break,

Kaylee
xo

Maria Elyse said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, hun! ♥ I was praying for you throughout today and will continue to do so. {hugs}

Tomorrow's my last day of school, too! I cannot wait for break!! So excited. Ahahaha, that comment about you and the foreign exchange students! :)

xo
Maria Elyse

Unknown said...

Haha I did the skip day when I was a senior in high school. There was a skip morning during finals too. Everyone came in late and said they had a headache or some other horrible excuse. There was a line of over 100 people when I showed up!
Also, these colors are so neat together. You always look so cute in that vintage dress.

jany said...

fantastic photos.i love your collection

toronto limousine services

PureMorning said...

Nice outfit :))

Midwest Muse said...

I think orange might be your color pretty lady!

And as for your last post (that I just read), I hope you're feeling better and I'm sorry your OCD gets out of control. I completely understand how debilitating things like that are. I have EXTREME anxiety. It's hard to fight.

Unknown said...

I adore those earrings! I have such a soft spot for vintage earrings...I think it's from all those years as a little girl looking through my aunt's jewelry box on her dresser. ;D

Annie said...

This outfit is SO cute and pretty...love that dress and your earrings...I'm a new follower :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Zane said...

beautiful dress and pretty cardi with it, love the accessories as well

Kezzie said...

Totally understand your feelings about blogging! I'd never document my life at all if it wasn't for a blog, although I'm not good at sharing my feelings with the world!
I always appreciate your frankness! You're pretty cool Ms Lauren!

Maria- CityLaundry said...

LOVE this orange vintage dress! what an awesome fund, its so lovely!!
love the way you wore it too, you are the cutest!
xx

http://www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig