a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, October 9, 2010

To Have and Have Not.













Plaid Pea Coat: Thrifted (.50 cents last summer!)
Grey Pleated Skirt: Thrifted.
White Bead Necklace: Stolen from mom!
Black T-Strap Shoes: Target.
Red Bow Headband: Claire's.


Hello everyone!


This is just the outfit I wore on Friday. I really quite liked it and somewhat felt like Lauren Bacall in it. Well, maybe that's just my imagination and I only wish I looked like Lauren Bacall ;) I thrifted this plaid coat back in July and it's my first time wearing it! Ah, I love when you thrift something out of season and when the right season comes along to wear the piece, it feels like you just bought something brand new. Unfortunately and ironically enough, it was the hottest day of the week in a week of cold and rainy days. Why does it seem like I never dress for the right weather...?


Today was quite a busy day for me actually. I went out and did some browsing at some thrift stores, and then this afternoon my sister had her birthday party! Her actual birthday isn't until Wednesday (she'll be seven!), but today we had a little birthday party for her at Chuck 'E Cheese. Ah, the joys of being a little kid. When I was little I always wanted a birthday party at McDonald's. The kids got to write on the windows with markers and got to play with Ronald McDonald. Then, the birthday girl or boy always got a "special" happy meal toy and all the other kids were jealous, haha Sadly, I never got a McDonald's birthday party. But hey, I'm reliving my childhood dreams through my little sister. A Chuck 'E Cheese party is almost as good as a McDonald's party ;)


With much love, Lauren.

SHARE:

4 comments

L. said...

This is so sweet, I especially love the shoes!!

www.missionfashionable.com

Maria said...

I LOVE the coat! and the pops of red are perfect. It's too bad the weather wasn't cooperating. and don't worry Lauren Bacall has nothing on you. :)

Carys said...

I love your coat, and your hair ribbon is so sweet!! I totally see what you mean about looking like Lauren Bacall, your hair looks just like hers!! I would say you're definitely prettier though, you lucky girl!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Love, Trixie said...

Just found your blog and I adore it! You're so passionate about vintage and personal style. . . love that! :)
That coat is gorgeous too and the red hair ribbon adds a nice pop of color.
Hearts and Hugs!

Blogger Template by pipdig