a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thank You Elle Magazine!











(Happy seventh birthday to my little sister Gracie today!)


Hello everyone!

So after popping in the door today after school I was pleasantly surprised to find a big, thick, glossy new issue of ELLE awaiting me on the kitchen counter! Frankly, I really don't buy into what's "in" or what's "out" in fashion trends, but I actually get ELLE for free. Why waste 354 pages of fashion for free? Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have ever bothered with the magazine because most of the time it just has ugly, unwearable clothing featured.


Well, I was expecting the usual dark, edgy, courture wear there usually is, but I was so surprised when I flipped to the ELLE Fashion: First Look section. Low and behold inspiration awaited me! I have never seen such a beautiful and inspiring spread in the First Look Section. The feature has just the sort of clothing I love. Girly, feminine, retro. It was love at first sight. I loved everything about the spread from the pastel gingham and scalloped edges, to the obvious 1960's inspiration and cutesy polka dots. This spread was made for me!


I usually don't check too much into different designer's collections, but this spread made me really want to look into a few more. ( i.e. Louis Vuitton, Dior, Marc Jacobs, and Oscar De La Renta.) All of the collections had this feminine 1960's vibe that I've been just so drawn to lately. I can't wait to check out these collections and hopefully do some in depth inspiration posts of them!


Well on a small side note, tomorrow is "Celebrity dress up day" for spirit week! I can't tell you who I'm being just yet. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see ;) Hope everyone is doing great though! I really need to start looking into homecoming hairstyles tonight. Homecoming is only three days away and I need to get my butt in gear!


With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

I really like the Parisian prep :)

Sofi Moukidou said...

oh! so inspired pics! i love that style! i think that the first one is my favorite!

Blogger Template by pipdig