a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm Back Where I Belong!















Aqua Polka Square Jumper w/ Belt: Thrifted.
White Delia's Cardigan: Thrifted.
White Bow Wedges: Thrifted.
White Stone Clip on Earrings: Thrifted.


Hello everyone!!! :)


I am SO excited and happy to be back to blogging! I would first like to start off by saying a big ole' thank you to all of my wonderful readers... You all made taking a short break from blogging less difficult. I am SO grateful for every single one of you who left a comment on my previous post giving me well wishes and positive love. Knowing that I was going to come back to a bunch of amazing blog friends made me just even more excited to come back to blogging! Really every, thank you for everything!! I don't know what I would do without all of you :)


Looking in hindsight, I believe that taking a short break from this blog was actually a good and positive experience for me. However, I never thought how hard it would be. I have been blogging for nearly a year, and it has just become part of my daily routine. Without blogging, I felt like there was always something missing in my day. Also, it was amazing how when any little event or experience happened to me, I wanted to rush right home and tell you all about it or show you all through pictures! It was so odd to think to myself, "Oh, wait. No I can't!"


Anyways, what I wanted to get out of my blogging break, I did accomplish and I am so pleased . I feel a renewed sense of inspiration and more fervent passion for blogging again. It is so easy to slip into a boring and uninspiring blogging routine, especially since I started school. When school started five weeks ago, it was like " carefree blogging Lauren" switched into "insane studying student Lauren." I lost my inspiration because it was always about school, school,school. Study, study, study. Future, future,future. Also, the people at my school were just killing me. So many have been replicating and imitating everything I do lately that it gets to be so tiresome and old. I was getting so frustrated that all I could think about was these copy cats and it was totally blocking my view for inspiration. (Now though I'd like to say I've learned to distance myself from them and not tourture myself...)


Thankfully, I have my inspiration back. I got some amazing things accomplished on my hiatus. I did a mind blowing photo shoot with Blake and Erika again (pictures soon!) , I thrifted one of the BEST finds in my entire life, I purchased the princess jewelery I've always dreamed of, I did a photo shoot in an inspiring place again (see above pictures), and I got wonderfully inspired for the fall season from the help of all of you.


So, what exactly will change on my blog after this short hiatus? Well, a few things actually.

  1. Unfortunately, what I was fearful and predicted what would happen at school did in fact. The girls went crazy over my last blog post. A few girls confronted me and said " so-and-so said that what you said on your blog was about me" Blah, blah,blah... I say that I'm fearful of MY personal business on this blog being brought out into the real world at school, and what do people do? They do that exact thing. Really those "so-and-so" people have no idea what they are taking about, and I told NO ONE who my last blog post was about, so really, I don't know how anyone would know who it was about. So, because of the people at my school proving to me that they cannot handle my feelings, I will be making my blog posts less personal. Now, I said less personal, not altogether not personal at all. My more deeper feelings that I may have at one time discussed on my blog will not be written about any longer. I still plan to tell you all about my school life, issues that bother me, and my feelings; however, just not really personal things. I'm am planning to release my more personal thoughts in a separate blog that no one but myself will be able to read and see. This whole situation I am very sad about, and I'm sorry that a few people had to ruin something for others and myself.
  2. Secondly, in order to try and not fall into an "uninspired rut" again, I plan on trying to take blog pictures at some other place besides my house at least one day a week. I think sometimes just coming home and hurriedly taking a few photos is cheating myself out of inspiration, and also cheating my readers. Today when I did the photo shoot above, I felt so alive again. I felt so very passionate about this blog again and decided right then and there that I need to take time out of my busy schedule to have a inspiring photo shoot.
  3. Thirdly, this is not a promise, but more of a little experiment I'm going to try. I think so often that I just take an outfit picture and post, take an outfit picture and post everyday. When I first started this blog, I actually included other things such as tutorials, inspirational photos, and some of my style icons. I would really love to start doing that sort of stuff again! I think that looking up inspiration is just as important part of the blogging process as documenting my every day outfits is. Perhaps, mixing up the posting a bit will get my out of an uninspiring period of blogging I may have in the future. Now, this plan is not a promise because often these kind of posts often take more time and planning than a regular old outfit post. I'm really going to try to mix it up though!

Well, whew! I'm thoroughly exhausted after all of that hubaloo I just wrote there. Sorry gals for this lengthy post, but I'm just so darn happy to be back and have all of these things I want to say and talk about. Posts for the next week will probably be fairly lengthy because, hey, I've got a week's worth of thoughts to catch you all up on. ;) Again, I just want to say thank you, thank you, THANK you to all of my lovely readers out there. Without all of you and blogging, I really don't know what I would do.

With much love, Lauren.

P.S. Add a number four to the list above for blog changes. Instead of just signing off "Lauren," I plan on signing off, " With much love, Lauren." Hope that's not too creepy :) Tehe, see you all tomorrow!
SHARE:

7 comments

Mila said...

Yayayay! We missed you:) I'm so glad that you're back and refreshed and inspired. I've been feeling the same way about school lately...I haven't even had time to pick out outfits that are as fun as usual:/ Ugh, don't worry about the people at school...immaturity:) Sorry to any of them that's reading this but...:p Glad you're back, and I can't wait to read more!
I love the photos by the way:)

xoxo

Sarah said...

Welcome back. This is such a cute look to come back with> i love this dress. Great color and I love the polka dots. So beautiful.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Maria said...

I'm so glad to see you back! It really sucks that people at school are preventing you from sharing a more personal blog, but that's ok. Hopefully you're still able to express yourself in some other way. Welcome back!

Sofi Moukidou said...

I'm really happy, you are back! we missed you! i'm going to tell you something that you have allready hear many times, but believe me, it's the start of a good life : DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!
p.s. love your dress!!!
kisses!

JGO said...

Welcome Back! You are on the right path...I look forward to your next posting, by the way, You look so refreshed, and beautiful.
P.S.
Signing off as " With much love" is not creepy at all.
xo,
Jacqueline

Blake Jacobsen said...

Glad you are back to blogging with newly found inspiration, Lauren. :)

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

welcome back hun!!!

http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig