a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, October 25, 2010

Completely Awe Struck.










Black Satin Military Trench Coat: Target.
Nude Pumps: Gabriel Brother's.
(Yes I go have a yes underneath if you're wondering!)


Hello everyone!


So I am, so, so, so awe struck and excited about what I found out today! Last week I was doing my daily visit to US weekly Magazine. com when I saw that they were having a photo contest. For the contest it was to submit a photo of yourself dressed up like a celebrity. Just the day before I had worn my Angelina Jolie costume for "celebrity day," and thought it would be kind of fun if I entered the contest. After I entered I forgot all about the contest and knew that I would probably never win.


Well, imagine how shocked I was when I got an email today telling me I was one of the winners!! Ahhh! I was practically jumping up and down I was so excited... I mean, I never ever win anything. It was a complete shock because I never expected to be one of the winners. I think the best part isn't about winning though, it's seeing and hearing how proud my family is of me. So often people ask me "Do you play sports? What hobbies do you have?" My reply? "Umm... I blog." Well, then I have to always launch into a big long explanation about what blogging really is, and by the end the person still doesn't understand. Just, it makes me feel so good that my hard work with this blog and what I do with it has finally paid off and something happened that my family could be proud of me for. I am seriously on cloud nine everyone! If you want to see me on the site, here's the link: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/photos/your-best-celeb-halloween-costumes-20102010/10833


Well, anyways before I found out all of this good news I was originally going to just post about my new trench coat I bought recently! The night of homecoming Matt and I actually stopped at Target and I saw this gorgeous trench. I didn't have enough money to buy it at the time, but did go back and get it last week! I LOVE this trench coat! it's so simple, but yet a real statement piece. An excellent addition to my wardrobe. The way I styled it I was really inspired by the old Karlie Kloss Dior ads where she has Lauren Bacall style waves, and also a recent candid shot of Katie Holmes in a leopard trench with nude heels.


Hope everyone is doing fantastic!
With much love, Lauren.


P.S. I know I said I was going to post my school picture today, but with the contest, my new trench, and the inspiration pictures I thought that tomorrow would be a better day! :)
SHARE:

8 comments

Mary said...

SO exciting! Congrats, Lauren!

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

aw, congrats! are there prizes for it? hehe

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Mila said...

That's so awesome!! Great job:) I absolutely LOVE your new trench coat! I love trench coats, but this one is especially perfect. You look great in it. Congratulations again!:)))

xoxo

Unknown said...

so awesome :)
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Carys said...

Congratulations, that is amazing!! And I love your coat, it's so elegant!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

em. said...

no one really cares.

Me said...

Well 'em.' I DOO!!! I BET YOU THERE ARE A BUNCH OF US WHO CARE!!

Lauren i love your trench and that's so exciting of course you would win that costume was amazing!!

hugs,
Shannon

Love, Trixie said...

This is literally so gorgeous! You look like a model and congrats girl! That's very exciting :)

hearts and hugs!

Blogger Template by pipdig