a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Be A Lady.













Silk and Velvet 1950's Wiggle Dress: Thrifted.
Red Wide Brim 1950's Hat: Thrifted, Antique store.
Screw on Pearl Earrings: Thrifted.
Black Patent Heels: Thrifted.


Hello everyone!

How was every one's weekend? I feel like my weekends always go by so fast and the school week just seems to drag on endlessly...


But today I got the chance to wear one of my latest thrift finds to church! I couldn't believe my luck when I happened upon this little 50's beauty. I was anxious to try the dress on because I was so scared that it wasn't going to fit and be let down, but I was relieved when it fit perfectly! (now I just can't gain any weight...ha) The only problem with the dress is that the zipper is a bit difficult to get up and down, but with a lot of effort it does eventually go up which is all that matters :)


I always feel most beautiful when I wear full, authentic vintage outfits. I feel like when I wear vintage, I am so myself and that I get to show people truly who I am. At church when I walked in, everyone just stared at me like I had two heads. It was like people had never seen a girl in a hat before (although I do wear hats to church all the time). After church, however, it was amazing how many older women and even some older men complimented me on my outfit. It was so nice to have some people appreciate old things and see the beauty in them like I do. In the 40's, 50's, and even 60's it was unheard of for a woman to go out without gloves and a hat. Now a days as you all have probably seen, women go out in public (and even school unfortunately), looking like they just rolled out of bed. I mean, you don't have to get all dolled up everyday. I understand that we live in Ohio and it's cold and yucky 75% of the time, but at least change out of your pajamas! I've always found it important to look like a lady. If I'm a girl, why not look and act like it?!


See you all tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well!

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

9 comments

Savannah Burton said...

I love your hat! You are so classic yet eclectic! Thanks for the lovely comment! Comments make my day!

Sarah said...

This look is amazing. Straight out of an old movie. That hat is so amazing and it just tops off this whole look. Picture perfect!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

you look gorgeous! :D

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

L. said...

Couldn't have said it better myself, darling. Ps. I'm practically dying, you are so adorable!!

www.missionfashionable.com

Jenna said...

Love that hat!! The whole outfit is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, you cannot pull off that dress. that is for classy elligant woman, only.

Sofi Moukidou said...

wow! super outfit! super photos!!!

yo mamaaa said...

this makes me think of my lazy day outfit...
STRAIGHT UP LEOPARD PAJAMAS (thrifted however...haha)
spirit week is funnnn haha
well, i went to st marys sunday and was disappointed to realize that you go on saturdays ):
well, love ya girl! (:
-pen

Blake Jacobsen said...

Too bad Lauren actually IS classy and elegant. Lol @ Anon.

Blogger Template by pipdig