a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Wind Whispers To Me Softly..



















Photos by my mother! Didn't she do a fantastic job!?
Bandeau Polka Dot Bikini Top: Target.
Aqua High Waisted Shorts: Thrifted.
Black Peep Toe Wedges: Target.
Pearl and Gold Clip On Earrings: Thrifted.
White Floppy Hat: Thrifted.
For ages and ages I have been wanting to go to my favorite childhood park and take blog pictures! When I was younger, we lived within walking distance of this park and I would always love to spend my summers there with my family. The park is still fairly close to my house: only about 10 minutes away! I definitely wanted to show you guys this little retro 1940's inspired swim suit outfit, and what better place to showcase it at then by a peaceful river!? I think the pictures turned out exactly how I wanted them to, and I cannot thank my mom enough for taking the pictures for me in this crazy humidity! I do have to apologize for my hair... I sort of on a whim decided to do this little photo shoot today and did not do anything with it! Oh well, such is life :) I am super excited for summer! It's so much fun to make up little stories and pretend that I am really from the 1940's.... So this summer I hope to venture out and take my blog photos at all kinds of different locations!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day! Please remember and pray for all of the brave soldiers who have died for our freedoom... I am forever grateful for their bravery.
SHARE:

8 comments

Sofi Moukidou said...

i trully love your style! especially the sortc!

Mila said...

I love these pictures AND the outfit!! Your mom did do a great job!!! The park looks sooo nice...

Happy Memorial Day:)

xoxo

Unknown said...

What a lovely blog! I found you through The Looking Glass and really enjoy your style and life philosophy!!! I will be following you and invite you to follow me as well. I love to meet and chat with other's who share the same ideas.
revasrags2roses.blogspot.com

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

Thank you for the the award I feel so special.
Will post of course.. You look fabulous in these pictures. Your mom is a wonderful photographer but, her subject is so beautiful it couldn't have been difficult to catch this ort of beauty! :)

Sara said...

You look lovely and sweet! You Mom dod a great job with the pics :)

josie said...

love the thrifted shorts!

josie-themodernprep.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

whoa, awesome shorts!!! They look amazing with the whole outfit!! Your mom took great pictures!!
You inspired me to go thrift shopping, so last weekend I went and got better stuff then I would have else where!! So thank you for inspiring me!!
And thank you for the award!!! I can't wait to answer the questions and pass it on!!
--- Jen

Mandy said...

Such adorable pictures! I love the polka dot bikini and wedges; very classic and cute :)

Blogger Template by pipdig