a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, May 28, 2010

Louis Vuiton Fall/Winter 2010/2011.




























Wow, wow, wow is all I have to say about the Louis Vuiton Fall/Winter 2010/2011 collection! I'm not a big trend follower, and usually don't care too much for designer collections, but when I caught a glimpse in my latest Harper's Bazaar of the Louis Vuiton collection, I knew I had to check it out!

Clearly, Marc Jacobs was feeling 1950's inspired when he created this to-die-for collection! I watched a video of the runway show on louisvuiton.com and even the music for the show was old and had a sort of jazzy sound. This is probably one of the most inspiring and beautiful collections I've ever seen.

It has everything from elbow length leather gloves, structured jackets, full circle skirts, peter pan collars, nipped waits, bow high heels, fitted corsets, feminine blouses, and everything in between! This collection is a vintage lover's dream. Oh, I covet so much the pretty blouses with the ruffles and bows on the bodice. I drool over the extravagant New Look inspired skirts and jackets. And I just about faint over the figure flattering corset dresses. I want every piece in this collection, hands down, end of story.

I think the hair and makeup that went with the clothes is brilliant, as well. I like the soft, feminine look of the makeup. It's very natural looking and is such a breath of fresh air from all of the usual hard, dark, and edgy makeup you see in runway shows. Since the strong silhouettes of the clothes speak for themselves, I like how Jacobs kept the models' hair pulled back in simple pony tails, but added a little pop at the end with a elegant curl.

It's times like this when I wished I was either filthy rich or a celebrity....

SHARE:

1 comment

Jenna said...

I love the peachy/nude one!! I so agree with you about wishing you were a celeberity or filthy rich when lusting over stuff like that!!
--- Jen

Blogger Template by pipdig