a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Never Did Like The Term, "Geek Chic."






Navy Ruffle Dress with Belt: Charlotte Russe.
Hot Pink Purse: Thrifted.
Gold Key Necklace: Came with a book.
Navy Knee Socks: Mom's.
Tan Basket Flats: Thrifted.
Big Glasses: Mom's from the 1970's!
Jeez! This outfit was probably from two weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to posting it? I very behind on blogging as you can tell.
This actually wasn't an outfit I wore to school, but sort of a costume you may call it. For English I was presenting a project and had to dress up nerdy; this was the result! I love my mom's glasses. They totally make the outfit.

I never did like it when people said that they were wearing "geek chic." I slightly take offense to that because I was (and still kinda am) a geek! I had big glasses and wore nerdy clothes, and it seems like when people wear "geek chic" they are making fun of nerds. Perhaps I'm a little too sensitive...

Speaking of nerds, I got back some results of a test I took called the PLAN, which is like a pre ACT for sophomores. Yuck, I scored in the 98% percentile in the country for Science. I abhor Science with a passion. My parents think I should go to college for a career in Science. Ha! Fat chance guys ;)
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig