a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Tribute to the 1970's.













Flower Blouse: Forever21.
Denim Jumper Dress: Forever21.
Cuffed Skinny Jeans: Kohl's.
Tear Drop Wedges: Forever21.
Cameo Necklace: Thirfted.

Usually I am inspired by mostly 1940's and 1950's clothes; however, I decided just for one day to try out a 1970's inspired look! When I think of the 1970's, I get this dreamy, sort of hazy image of a beautiful girl during the summer with long blond hair who is sprawled out in a flower field in a flow-y, faded dress. The girl's hair is a messy head of curls, but in an attractive way, and she has a strand of daisies tied around her forehead.. The image seems so stereotypical 70's to me, but I can't help it! I definitely do not look like the girl in my mind, but I did try my very best interpretation! Someone today at school even caught that I looked like I was from the 70's.

The necklace I'm wearing is one of my favorite necklaces, which I thrifted around a year or so ago. I think the cameo on it is just fascinating, and it looks like someone hand carved it. It is such an interesting little necklace in that on the back of the cameo there is a watch! I cannot figure out how to get the watch to work, it seems to be broken perhaps?
Tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night we are supposed to be getting even MORE snow! Hooray! I don't know if I might get Tuesday and Wednesday off school, but I am crossing my fingers,wearing my pajamas backwards,and doing a snow dance tonight that it's at least one day...
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig