a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, December 4, 2009

Sleigh Bells Jingling..













Red Shirt(Actually a Dress): Forever21.
Black High Waisted Pencil Skirt: Macy's.
Red Bow Headband: Forever21.
Pearl Necklace: Thrifted.
Pearl Bracelet: Wal-Mart.
Spectator Heels: Thrifted.

This would be my "swanky" outfit for the day! I originally started out with trying something different with my hair, shown in the last picture. I curled it with rollers, then pinned the curls into a low, loose bun at the nape of my neck. Then, I took a few curl tendrils out of the bun and let them hang on the sides on my face. To finish the look off, I placed in my hair one of my handy dandy bow headbands! I quite liked the look alot, but sadly the hairstlye did not hold up as the school day wore on. Eventually, I had to just tuck all my hair into a sloppy bun..sigh.... I sure did get a nice compliment today though. A sweet lunch lady today told me I looked
like Grace Kelly, what a honour :)

Tommorow I'm rather excited because...I'm setting up the christmas tree! I'm such a sucker for family holiday traditions and such, especially when it comes to Christmas, my absolute favorite holiday. It really is such a magical time of the year, where you feel like anything may come true. All of my memories of a child at Christmas are fond ones..one that pops into my head now is when I thought I heard Santa!

I was about five years old and it was the night before Christmas. Excitement filled every bone in my body that night, waiting in anticpation for the comming morning. Just as I was finally drifting off to sleep though, I heard a jingling of bells. I listened more attentively then to try and make sure I had heard right. Could it possibly be Santa? I still swear to this day that I heard those sleigh bells, even though I know Santa is not real. That magical memory has always stuck in my mind throughout the years after that one night..

Anyways, I will most likely be spending most of the day setting up the tree tommorow; it literally takes hours! We have accumulated so many ornaments over the years that I'm not sure we're going to have enough branches. I can't wait to bring up the dusty boxes from the basement, put together our fake tree, hang the shining strings of red beads, place on the lights, and hang all the stunning ornaments with my little sister. And the final touch we can't forget; the Angel on top of course! Only three more weeks until Christmas; and I can't wait!!
SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous girl!

Blogger Template by pipdig