a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Hat and Some Snazzy Books...



This is the new hat I got today while out thrift shopping with my grandma! Can you believe it was only seven dollars?! The only thing wrong with it, which is very slight, is a rip in the veil, but it isn't too big. This hat actually goes quite well with a vinatge pokadot dress I have; I would have taken pictures if it hadn't been below zero out today!






Above are pictures of a book I got at the Library today about 1950's fashion. It is quite interesting; it shows different styles of clothing for men, women,and children, and also about how much each item would cost. I think the little girl dresses are some of the most adorable things I've ever seen in my life.. The sailor dress in the picture above is especially just too cute!!







I also borrowed another book from the library on my other favorite vintage clothing era; the 1940's! This book is so very interesting as well, and some of the pictures of clothes are just to die for! I had a heck of a time trying to find these two books, but it was well worth it...

Along with the books, I also rented Breakfast At Tiffiany's, which I will hopefully get to watch before my winter break is over!

Oh, and tommorow I'm getting my hair cut! I'm very excited considering I haven't gotten it cut or trimmed since July 3... Nothing too drastic will be taking place, just a little trim up, some layers, and new side swept bangs cut! I'm still looking forward to it though :)
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig